Sunday, September 18, 2011

Changes for the fall!!

So September 23 is the start of the fall season and I don't know about you but I'm very much looking forward to it. It seem like this summer and even spring was the hottest yet that I've ever experience. I'm ready for cooler football weather! ;)

So the first thing I did was cut my hair. LOL!! Now if you know me or seen the pic in header of the blog, I had really long hair. It was almost to the small of my back. I got really, really, really, tired of it. It was a battle every morning to comb out the knots and to just put it in a pony tail. So last Friday I decided to go get it cut off. I went to JC Penny salon cause I saw a ad for haircut and style for only $20. I told them I wanted to cut off about 10 to 12 inches to donate to Locks of Love. The ladies there were absolutely amazed at how long my hair was and happy I was donating it.

The hairstylist, Jackie, put my hair in a ponytail and measured and proceed to start hacking away. After it was cut off, my head felt lighter and free. lol.. I felt like I lost 5 pounds. She then shampooed and rinsed and started cutting some more off and shaping how I want it. Jackie really took her time and getting it right. I love it. It's still kinda long but not as long as it was before.

Shorter hair. teehee.. :)


I love the fall season!

So for the next change for fall.... is... fall planting! The Twin Ninja and I started planting fall vegetables in our small container patio gardening. This year is the first year that we tried growing our own vegetables. We did alot of research on container gardening and our spring/summer crop we produced alot of cherry tomatoes, better boys tomatoes and roma's. Lots of cayenne peppers, cucumbers, squash and zucchini, beans, okra and alittle bit of strawberries (although the birds and rabbit ate those.) We also had two small herb containers as well with lots of rosemary, basil, mint, and sweet basil. Even with a small garden, we ran into alot of issues and problems with disease, insects and whatnot's eating our plants. :(

So for the fall, we are planting, carrots, lots of various lettuces, cabbage and collards. :) Wish us luck!







We still have some peppers growing as well. :D Also, picked up some pretty flowers to plant.

Until next time! :)




2 comments:

  1. Like your haircut, Steph!

    The garden looks great. Hopefully, there will be less problems this time around!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lua! I hope so, lord knows we had problems with the tomatoes. :(

    ReplyDelete